Through many tribulations
Acts 14: 22. We must, enter the kingdom of God through many tribulations.
Today many are preaching wrongly, that when we accept Jesus Christ as our personal saviour, there will not be any tribulations or sufferings in our life. Here the Holy Spirit is teaching us through Paul, that we must through many tribulations, enter the kingdom of God. Jesus also told the same thing. In this world , you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, l have overcome the world. John 16: 33. Yes, we too should overcome the tribulations we face in our life.
What are the blessings of tribulations?
- It is good for me that l have been afflicted, that l may learn your statutes. Psalm 119: 71.
Before l was afflicted, l went astray, but now l keep your word. Psalm 119: 67.
- Tribulations produces perseverance( determination to go on ). Romans 5: 3.
- Our light affliction, which is but for a moment is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. 2 Corinthians 4: 17.
- Sufferings make us perfect. Thatswhy Jesus also went through sufferings to bring many sons to glory, as a captain for their salvation. Hebrew 2: 10.
- In heaven, the great multitude of people, in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, worshiping the Lamb are the one who come out of great tribulation. Revelation. 7: 14.
If so, what should we do in our tribulations?
- We should glory in tribulations. Romans 5: 3.
- Be patient in tribulation. Romans 12: 12.
- We should be exceedingly joyful in all our tribulations. 2 Corinthians 7: 4.
- We should not be shaken by the afflictions. 1 Thessalonians 3: 3.
- We should call up on Jesus, or pray to deliver from our afflictions. Psalm 119:153, 34: 17.
Our Lord will not despise, or abhor the affliction of the afflicted, He will not hide His face from him, but when he cry, He will hear him. Psalm 22: 24. Also, in our afflictions, He is with us, He will never leave us, but He will plead to the Father, with groaning for us. Yes, let us thank and praise God for all our afflictions. Because it will help us to enter the kingdom of God. Amen, Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.