Let us cross over to the other side
- Yes, we are not belonging to this world. We are called, and invited for heaven. Jesus is calling us to cross over to the other side.
- But we have to cross over this sea to reach the other shore, the heaven.
- Jesus is there in this boat. But Jesus was in the stern asleep on a pillow. We may be christians. We may know Him. But do we give first place to Jesus in our life? Or is He in our last place? Do we allow Him to act in our life? Or do we make Him to sleep or not allowiing to act?
- Jesus is in this boat. But still it has to face a great windstorm and the waves which was filling the boat. Do we face such difficult situations in our life?
- They woke Him and called Him , but they blamed Jesus, saying, Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing? Let us not blame God, let us realize and confess our sins and call Him.
- When they called Jesus, He arose and rebuked the wind and calm the sea. The wind ceased and there was a great calm. Yes, let us also call Jesus and will become free from our problems.
- But Jesus said to them, why are you fearful? How is it that you have no faith? Do you fear or do you have faith? Let us not afraid and let us increase in our faith. May God help each one of us to reach the other shore, heaven. Amen, Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.
There are two types of people at the centre of this passage – a synagogue ruler who was prominent in his town and a woman who was an outcast because she had been unclean for 12 years. Each had a need.
At this point, they had to decide if they really believed Jesus could meet their needs.
Did they believe it enough to publicly bow before him?
To publicly announce his faith in Jesus meant that Jairus was risking his reputation. For the woman to come out in public and attempt to touch Jesus meant she was risking public ridicule or further rejection.
This passage reveals two people who took the risk of making their faith in Jesus public.
In what or in who are you putting your faith? Jesus desires all of our allegiance in public and in private.
Licy John, Hyderabad – 7067
What is your name?
Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name? (Mark 5:9)
A demon possessed man, who was strong to be subdued by a man, came to his senses when he sees Jesus. Even before anyone could ask him, he said Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!
We see a demon possessed man who was cutting himself and in chains, recognizes Jesus by his name and also says in God’s name don’t torture me (Mark 5:7)
Demons know the name of Jesus and the name of God It knows the authority in that name. They know us more than we know ourselves.
When Jesus asked the man, what is your name?, he answered a legion. Jesus immediately changed his name by commanding the legion to leave. He was transformed into a preacher, he told everybody about Jesus (Mark 5:20)
In Genesis 32: 27 and 28 we read about another incident: “What is your name?” the man asked. “Jacob,” he replied. Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men, and you have prevailed.
The moment Jacob’s name was changed, his new character came into being, he was transformed.
In Genesis 17 we read that God promises a covenant to Abram, however the fulfillment doesn’t happen till his name was changed to Abraham which means Father of many nations.
Though God made a promise with Abraham, God had to change Sarai’s name to Sarah, a mother of many nations. The names of the people who we hang around also should change along with the environment around us for God’s promises to come to pass in our lives.
Whatever our name may be today, let us not be disappointed.
Once we accept Lord Jesus as our Savior and live a life of surrender, we will be called by the name of Jesus
When the name above our name is Jesus, every demon has to bow down and every tongue has to confess the Lord in us and flee from our presence.
When we are called by the name of Jesus, HE is able to make us a Peter about whom He said, on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Our Lord is able to make us like Abraham, Israel, Joseph, Moses, Daniel, Elijah, Esther when we are called by His name and when we are transformed into His likeness
God Bless You
✍ Sis.Anita Thumma
To access all the insights that are part of 270 day Bible Reading Program visit: halleluhosannamission.com