Prayer of David
Prayer of David about words, actions, desires and corrections. Psalm.141:3-5
A.PRAYER ABOUT SPEAKING.
O Lord, set a guard over my mouth.
keep watch over the door of my lips. V3.
B.PRAYER ABOUT DESIRES AND ACTIONS. v4
Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil.
…. to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers v4
C.PRAYER ABOUT FOOD.
Let me not eat of their delicacies v4.(Dainties=things which are pleasant, lovely, attractive.)
D.PRAYER ABOUT CORRECTION BY OTHERS..v5.
Let a righteous man strike me it is a kindness. V5.
Let a righteous man rebuke me It is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it. V5.
Are we careful about our words? Can we request the Lord to take control of our lips and words?
Are we careful about our desires?Do we desire evil/worldly things or Godly things?
Are there wickedness in our deeds? Is our actions pleasing to the Lord?
Are we getting attracted to the food, dress and lifestyle of the wicked people?
Do we enjoy/ invite correction from righteous people?
Are we taking the freedom to correct/ rebuke others when they go wrong or ignoring it?
People all over the world are scared about Coronavirus and are willing to do anything to prevent its infection. Are we willing to prevent the sin infection in our life or willing to run away from sin by taking the right steps?
Protection and rescue from evil men. Psalm 140.
A. What are evil men doing against the righteous?
- They devise evil plan in their hearts. 140:2
- They stir up war every day? 140:2
- They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent. 140:3
- Their lips have got the poison of vipers. 140:3
- They have hidden a snare for the righteous. 140:5
- They have spread out the cords of their nets. 140:5
- They have set traps for the righteous along the path. 140:5
B. Who is the LORD to David?
- You are my GOD. 140:6
- You are my strong deliverer. 140:7
- You are the one who shields my head in the day of battle. 140:7
C. Prayer of David.
- Do not grant the wicked their desires 140:8
- Do not let their plans succeed. 140:8
- Let their heads be covered with the trouble their lips have caused. 140:9
- Let burning coals fall upon them. 140:10
- May they be thrown into the fire never to rise. 140:10
- Let them not be established in the land. 140:11
- May disaster hunt them down. 140:11
D. David’s knowledge about GOD.
- LORD secures justice for the poor. 140:12
- LORD upholds the cause of the needy. 140:12
- The upright will live before the LORD. 140:13
Do we have enemies who are trying to attack us without reason?
GOD who protected and rescued David from his enemies is able to protect and deliver us also. Let us continue to trust in the LORD and lead a prayerful life.