Eyes which were kept without recognizing Him
Luke 24: 16, 29- 31, 45.
- Two desciples were traveling to a village called Emmaus. On their way, they were talking about what happened to Jesus at Jerusalem. Jesus himself joined them and walking with them. He took part in their conversation and was explaining to them that these things happened to fulfill the prophecies. But their eyes were restrained , or kept with out recognising Him. Yes, today we may be Christians who walk with Him, and talk to Him in prayer. But whether our eyes are opened to recognize Jesus?
- Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him.24: 31. When? How could the eyes opened ?
- Jesus stayed with them. Yes, in our life too, Jesus should stay in our life, in our house, in our family for our eyes to be opened.
- Jesus sat at the table with them. Sitting at the table means having unity with one another. Yes, we should be united with Christ.( reading, meditating , obeying the word of God, and praying )
- Jesus took the bread, blessed it , broke it and gave them . Though the body of Jesus was broken for us on Calvary, the bread, which is the word of God, should be broken or we should read, and meditate the word of God with the blessing of Holy Spirit. When we obey and do this, our eyes also will be opened to see Jesus through the Word.
What is the purpose of opening our eyes? Yes, our eyes will be opened to understand the scriptures.
May the Lord, who opened the eyes of blind men, open our spiritual eyes to see the hidden treasures in the word of God. Amen. Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.
We should not say our way is hidden from the Lord and our judgment is passed over from our God.
The Lord cares for all things.
His particular Providence is over His saints.
“The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him”.
“Precious shall their blood be in His sight “.
“Precious is the sight of the Lord, is the death of His saints.”
We know that all things work together for good to them that love God , called according to His purpose.
Let the fact that ,while He is the Saviour of them that believe,He cheer up and comfort them.
We are under His peculiar care;His legal treasure which He guards as the apple of His eye, His vineyard over which He watches day and night.
The very hairs of your head are all numbered. “
Let the thought of His special love to you be a spiritual pain-killer,to your woe.”
“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
“Fear not ,I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. ” Jesus whispers consolation.
We will sit under His shadow with great delight.
Maby Sundar India group no.7070.
The Foundation for Our Faith
We must trust in the risen Lord Jesus Christ, who is the foundation of the Christian faith.
Our faith rests on the historical event of Jesus’ bodily resurrection, not in subjective experience or feelings.
The Christian faith is not based on subjective feelings or a personal experience.
It is rooted in the objective, historically verifiable fact of Jesus’ bodily resurrection. While most of the well-known hymn, “
He Lives, ” is good, Have often cringed at the final line: “You ask me how I know He lives, He lives within our heart.” We believe that the risen Lord Jesus does live spiritually within our hearts.
But that is not the bottom line for how we know that He lives, because that is subjective. What if we don’t feel that Jesus lives in our heart?
Does that mean that He is not risen?
What if an immoral person or someone on drugs says that Jesus lives in his heart? Is it true just because he feels it’s true?
No, it’s true that Jesus lives because there is solid evidence for it. It’s true whether people believe it or disbelieve it.
It’s true because it happened in history and it is verified by numerous lines of solid evidence.
You may be thinking,
“If the evidence is so convincing, why don’t more people believe it?”
The answer is, people refuse to believe in the resurrection because it has moral implications that they do not want to face.
If Jesus is risen, then He is the rightful Lord of all. It means that He is the coming judge of all the earth.
It means that we must turn from our sins and live under His lordship.
Because people do not want to turn from their sin, they refuse to believe in Jesus in spite of the evidence.
We must put our trust in the risen Lord Jesus Christ.
It is through faith that our sins are forgiven and we enter into a personal relationship with the living Lord Jesus Christ.
There are several things to note about such saving faith:
WHILE FAITH IS BASED ON THE HISTORICAL FACT OF THE RESURRECTION, IT IS NOT STRICTLY INTELLECTUAL.
SINCE YOU CAN NEVER COMPLETELY RESOLVE ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, YOU MUST TAKE A STEP OF FAITH.
OUR FAITH GROWS THROUGH VARIOUS STAGES.
Our merciful Lord is gracious to save us with just a little mustard seed of faith and He is patient not to cast us off when our faith wavers.
Yet we are responsible to grow in our faith, learning to believe in all that the Bible affirms.
If your faith is shaky, first check and see if you are clinging to some sin that you don’t want to give up.
You must repent of it or you will never have strong faith in Jesus.
Next, study for yourself the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection.
Go back to that evidence as the certain foundation, even if you can’t resolve some issue that is causing you to doubt.
Finally, cultivate close personal fellowship with the living Lord Jesus, who gave Himself for your sins.
Again to quote Paul, “The life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me”
The risen Savior is the foundation of the Christian/Believers faith.
Make sure that your faith is in Him!
✍️🍏Mrs. Kalaiselvi Balakrishnan in Jesus Christ 🍏✍️