Why this suffering on the cross? Jesus willingly paid for the consequences of our sin
Do we understand that Jesus went through sufferings on the cross, for us , for me? Let us realise this and thank Him.
- He was stripped.( removed His dress). Infront of big crowd of people imagine the shame and the agony Jesus would have felt. Why? When we commit sin, our soul becomes naked. To cover us with the garment of Salvation, He was stripped.
- They put a scarlet robe on Him. What for? To cover us with a robe of righteousness.
- They twisted a crown of thorns and put it on His head. They struck Him on His head. Imagine how much pain He would have felt ? He would have been bleeding heavily from the head. Thorn is a symbol of curse . Jesus had a crown of thorns to deliver us from our curses. Remember, our evil thoughts also can injure His head with this crown of thorns.
- They gave a reed in His right hand. This reminds His expected rulership in this world .
- They mocked Him saying, Hail, King of the Jews. Without knowing, they reveal His 1000 years Kingdom in this world.
- They spat on Him, mocked, and struck Him. Yes, to forgive or sins, He was bruised, despised and shed blood.
- They gave Him sour wine mingled with gall to drink.Yes, Jesus drank this bitter drink to deliver us from the bitterness of our life.
- He was crucified between 2 robbers so that we can take part in the company of righteous and holy people in heaven.
- Yes, Jesus died on the cross for our dead soul to live for ever.
Do we realise the sufferings Jesus had to go through to give us salvation? We should endure in this Salvation till the end of our life. Yes, let us always realise and thank our Saviour Jesus, for His sufferings on the cross. Amen. Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.
The old law of ordinances was put away when Jesus died, the sacrifices were all finished, because all fulfilled in Him.
Therefore the place of the presentation was marked with an evident token of decay.
By the death of our Lord Jesus, we have a clear revelation of God, for He was, ” not as Moses, who put a veil over His face. “
Life and immortality are now brought to light ,and things which have hidden since the foundation of the world are manifested in Him.
The annual ceremony of atonement was thus abolished.
The atoning blood which was once every year sprinkled within the veil, was offered once for all by the Great High Priest and therefore the place of the symbolical rite was broken.
No need of bullocks or of lambs is needed now, for Jesus has entered within the veil, with His Own Blood.
Hence access to God is now permitted and is the privilege of every believer in Christ Jesus.
We come with boldness to the throne of the heavenly grace.
Our Bleeding Lord has the key of heaven.
Let us enter in with Him.
Maby Sundar India group no.7070
The greatest story ever told is that of the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. It’s great to us because we know the outcome, but for the disciples, it was the greatest tragedy in their lives. They vividly saw Jesus’ crucifixion and burial.
What could have been worse than witnessing the crucifixion? There was no hope for the disciples. All seemed lost, but they huddled together and waited on God.
Relief in times of adversity will only come when we deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ. When there are no answers, wait together for His answer.
Licy John, Hyderabad – 7067
Jesus willingly paid for the consequences of our sin.
I. THE SCOURING
📍It is very possible that Pilate had Jesus scourged to satisfy the crowd, but instead it stirred them up.
📍All the evil of the devil was stirred up in the crowd and the soldiers
📍The soldier beat Jesus with a whip that had pieces of bone or metal in the tails. It likely had heavy weights, too.
📍They fashioned a crown out of thorns and placed it on His head
📍They found a brightly colored robe and put it on Jesus and put a reed in His hand.
📍They mocked Him and spit on Him.
📍The took the reed and hit Jesus over the head, on the thorns with it.
II. THE CROSS
📌 They picked Simon the Cyrene to finish carrying the cross because:
📌 Physically, Jesus was too weak to finish the route and they didn’t want Him to die before they got to crucify Him.
📌 Because of His physical condition, Jesus was probably moving too slow for the impatient guards.
📌 They brought Him to Golgotha; the Place of the Skull
📌 In utter humiliation, they removed His clothes and nailed His hands and feet to the cross. [Probably not through the palms, but more likely close to the wrists]
📌 They divided his clothes but cast lots for his coat or tunic
📌 The sign above His head read “Jesus of Nazareth: King of the Jews” It was His name, where He was from, and what He had been convicted of.
III. THE VEIL
🔖 The veil was what divided the Holy of Holies from everything else.
Behind the veil was the presence of God.
🔖 The Ark of the Covenant was hidden.
🔖 The Mercy Seat of God was out of view.
🔖 It represented the separation of God and mankind.
🔖 It was 60 ft tall and 30 ft wide! It was 5-6 inches thick.
🔖 The veil was ripped from top to bottom.
🔖 No longer was it needed to separate God.
🔖 The final sacrifice had been made and God was satisfied.
♥️ LIFE LESSONS
💥The Bible says, “That all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”.
💥The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.
💥God showed that He loved us so much, *that while we were still sinners, Jesus died for us.” *
💥Then it says “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
💥It then goes on to say that “whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved!”
💥And His name is JESUS!
HAVE YOU COME TO THE CROSS✝️
*IF YES, BRING OTHERS TOO, TO THE CROSS *✝️