Taste and See that the Lord is Good Psalm.34:8
Psalm 34 is a song of thanksgiving and praise after David had a narrow escape when he was running away from King Saul. He saught sanctuary with Achish, king of Gath. Some of his servants recognised David.”so he pretended to be insane in their presence..acted like a madman..” and he
David sought the Lord and He answered him. Psalm.34:4.
God delivered David from all his fears. 34:4.
God saved David out of all his troubles. 34:6.
David experienced that the angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him. 34:7.
David testifying that those who fear the Lord lack nothing 34:9.
What is David teaching about fearing the Lord?
- Keep your tongue from evil. 34:13.
2.Keep your lips from speaking lies. 34:13.
- Turn from evil and do good. 34:14.
- Seek peace and persue it. 34:14.
What is God doing for the righteous?
1.The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous. 34:15.
- The ears of the Lord are attentive to their cry.34:15.
- The Lord hears their cry. 34:17.
- The Lord delivers them from all their troubles. 34:17.( God is not offering trouble free life but will deliver if we cry for help.)
- Lord is close to the broken-hearted 34:18.( Heart breaking experiences might come.)
- Lord saves those who are crushed in spirit. 34:18. (crushing experiences can come..)
- Lord delivers from all troubles 34:19. (never offered a life without troubles…)
- Lord protects all his bones. 34:20. (We may fall but God protects.)
The last 29 years, I am living in a foreign country, gone through many painful and fearful experiences, faced many enemies, crushing experiences…but with David is able to say that “Taste and see that the Lord is good.”. I am experiencing a prayer answering God, a God who is delivering me from all my fears, a God who is close to me in any and every situation… What a great previlege to know Him and serve Him?
What are your fears today?
Let us call Him. He is able to deliver us from all our troubles and fears.
Let us lead a life pleasing to him.
Let us continue to worship Him for what He has done in our life.
Let us taste and see that the Lord is good.