- We should understand that all governing authorities that exist are appointed by God.
- If we resists the authority, we resist the ordinance of God and we bring judgement on ourselves.
- The rulers are not a terror to goodworks but to evil. We should do good, so that we will not be afraid of authority.
- Authority is God’s minister, to execute wrath on him, who practices evil.
- We should subject to authority for conscience sake.
- We should render taxes, and customs which are due and honour them.
- Subject to rulers and authorities, to obey and to be ready for every goodwork. Titus 3: 1.
- We should exhort supplications, prayers, intercessions and giving thanks to be made for authorities, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverance. 1 Timothy 2: 1, 2.
Yes, let us understand these words about authority and follow in our life. Amen. Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.
“For if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord, therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.”
🌻 God created us in His image and likeness and to rule over His creation and also to enjoy the things that He had created for us. (Genesis 1: 26-27)
God wanted us to be with Him for all eternity. But the sin of man broke the loving relationship between God and man. So God in order to restore back this relationship sent His only begotten Son Jesus into the world to take away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)
🌻We are to live for the Lord till we leave this world or till we die. Our thinking, speaking and doing should be done for the Lord and for His glory. So we should be alert and see that we do what pleases God and not ourselves.
🌻 In 1 Corinthians 6:20, God says,
” You are not your own property then, you have been bought for a price. So use your body for the glory of God.” God has filled us with His talents and gifts to glorify Him.
💚 Children of God, our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit so let us use it to proclaim the good Lord and His wonderful works. Amen.
6975 – Patsy Fernandes