The Lord needs them
Mathew 21 : 3. Here Jesus said, l need these donkey and it’s colt. No one will like to keep donkey as the pet animal in the house. But our Lord Jesus said , l need this donkey and it’s colt. Is it not a surprise? But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise. Yes, let us meditate what we can learn from this donkey.
- This donkey was never used before or no one sat on it. Mark 11:2. We too may be useless so far . But God is telling , l need you.
- This donkey was tied up . Today we too may be tied with the ropes of sin. We should be set free from the ropes of sin like this donkey which was loosed from it’s ties.
- They brought the donkey and the colt to Jesus. Mark 11: 7. Same way when we are free from the bondage or ropes of sin we should come to the presence of Jesus.
- They put the clothes on them. Yes, when we come to Jesus, we should put on the garment of salvation, robe of righteousness and the dress of praise.
- Jesus sat on it and the donkey carried Him. Yes, when we put on all these garments , we too will be used like this donkey to carry Jesus in our life.
- They spread their clothes and branches of the trees on the road and the donkey was riding over it. In the same way , when we carry Jesus in our life, we too will be blessed.
- Also the crowd shouted, Hosanna to the Son of David, blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord and magnified the name of the Lord. Yes, when we carry Jesus in our life, we also magnify the name of the Lord.
Yes, let us submit our life like this donkey to carry our master Jesus Christ , to magnify His name through our life. Amen. Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.
Matthew 21:31 “Which of the two did his father’s will?” They said, “The first ”Jesus said to them,….
The father instructed his sons to do something.
The first son reacted in anger and said no. But in the end he obeyed his father and got things done.
The other son appeased his father with expressions of obedience but never lifted a finger to do what was asked of him.
Here Jesus not only gives us the parable, but He gives us the explanation.
In the parable, the first son showed more devotion to His father than His brother.
Even though he disrespected his father in speech, he still honored him by going to the vineyard afterward.
The second son did not do the will of his father, though he agreed to.
His agreement was a lie, and his failure to go was evidence that he never truly intended to do the father’s will.
So not only did the second son fail to obey the word of his father, but he also lied about his intentions, which showed him to be a hypocrite.
The question is, how do we get to the vineyard, and the answer is “obedience.”
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive ourselves. Do what it says ………..
Be obedient to God is to serve God out of love.
Delayed Obedience is Better than Disguised Disobedience
Jooley Mathew Z