Ministry of Paul
Acts 20: 19- 27, 33- 35
Today those who are involved in any type of ministry, should compare ourselves and correct ourselves for the glory of God. Let us meditate how Paul served God?
- He served the Lord with all humility. Do we have this all humility in our sevice to our Lord, who humbled Himself and became obedient even to the point of death on the cross? Yes, humbleness is the needed character for anyone who does God’s ministry.
- He served with many tears. That means, he prayed with tears, for the repentence, for the spiritual growth and for the deliverance of the people’s problems. Yes, it is not enough to tell the gospel, we should pray for them with burden that too with tears.
- He was bearing the trials which happened to him, by the plotting of Jews. Yes, we should tolerate the problems created by people and even evil spirit.
- He preached about repentance and faith towards God and taught them in public from house to house. Today do we take care of individuals and families of every house to guide them towards repentence to inherit kingdom of God and to prepare them for the coming of the Lord?
- He never kept back any counsel of God, that was helpful and proclaimed everything so that he was innocent of the blood of all men. Yes, we should tell all truth we came to know to everyone in our families, to our friends and to those who are in contact with us, so that we will be innocent for their blood.
- He never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or apparel( dress). Instead he worked for his necessitiies, and was blessed by giving. Yes, we should never covet or lust anything which belong to others.
- He knelt down and prayed with love, and worked for God with great sacrifice , boldness and with his witnessing life.
Let us search ourselves. Let us submit ourselves so that we could do His ministry with humility, prayer, sacrifice and witnessing life. May God raise such servants of God for the glory of God. Amen. Hallelujah.
Dr. Padmini Selvyn.